Improve your existing wifi range with EX2700 Wifi extender and get the best internet connectivity all over from the backyard to courtyard of the house. Netgear ex2700 setup helps you in keeping your Smartphone, media player and computer/laptop connected to secure, safe and reliable wifi. Netgear ex2700 setup can do by two ways: WPS method and Manual method. Here, in this post we will discuss both the method one by one.
- Plug your Netgear EX 2700 to the power outlet and wait until the power light turns solid green.
- Place the extender and wifi router in the same room.
- Push the WPS button of extender and at the same time push the WPS button on the router.
- Wait for 2 to 3 minutes.
- If the Netgear EX2700 link status LED lights white, it means the connection between the router and extender established.
- Now place it where you want to.
Netgear EX2700 Setup through Manual Method:
- Plug your Netgear EX2700 to the power outlet and wait until it completely turns on. If it does not turn on press the on off button on the side panel of the extender.
- Make sure you have a live internet connection coming from the main router.
- Take your wifi enabled computer or laptop.
- Go to the setting option and connect with Netgear_Ext.
- Once it shows connected then open any web browser like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozila Firebox or Safari.
- Type www.mywifiext.net login or www.mywifiext.local if you are using an apple device.
- Press Enter.
- Provide the login credentials. Type admin for the username and password for the password.
- Netgear EX2700 Setup page will appear on your screen.
- Tap on the new extender setup tab and follow the step to step instructions to connect your Netgear EX2700.
- After you have connected your wireless devices to the network, click on finish button to complete the installation.
- Move the extender where you want to, but make sure it is between the router and the wireless devices to acquire a good signal.