A personal injury lawyer is the one who handles cases for clients who never suffered damages due to the negligence of an individual or another company. These accidents and injuries can occur due to traffic collisions, machinery or equipment malfunction, doctor or hospital error, trips and falls and more.
With competent legal representation, the agreement was obtained from a modest amount to large sums of money. It all depends on how much damage was caused in the incident. To get more information about accident lawyer, you may go to this website https://eltlaw.com/practice-areas/accidents/.
Here are some examples of the great settlement in recent years.
– A case of one million dollars: family members of a man who died at work receive this amount. In this incident, the family does not depend on the deceased person for support but has not yet received compensation for the loss of their relative.
– 1.1 million settlement: this case involved a truck that collided with a car. People who receive clearance suffered bone fractures and a mild brain injury.
– $ 2,000,000: a bicycle was hit by a truck and dragged along the road.
– $ 3,000,000: a bus crashed into a vehicle and injured people in the car. People in the car suffered trauma to the back and head.
– $ 5.2 million: a truck that loses oil on the road and causes the vehicle to get out of control and get damaged. This person has a fracture and brain trauma.
The amount of the agreement will always depend on how seriously ill a person is and how the injury affected his life. Serious cases include those in which a person dies, limb loss, brain trauma or fractures. If a person cannot work, mobilize or participate in normal life, this will cause undue suffering to be taken into account.
Some steps in this process include a meeting with a lawyer for a consultation, making a plan, having a request letter sent to the responsible party, trying to reach an agreement and then going to court.