Pallets are widely used by most organizations around the world when it comes to the transportation of goods. They offer several outstanding features that have made strong popularity for many years. Traditionally, the choice of material for the pallet is always wood.
Advantages of high-quality wooden pallets are:
- They are more cost-effective as compared to plastic pallets.
- You can easily order a custom palette based on wood.
- Wood pallets are better for the environment because they are natural.
- It is very easy to recycle wooden pallets.
- If damaged, they can be repaired fairly easily.
- Low maintenance requirements.
- Wooden pallets are stronger and able to withstand heavier.
- Wood offers more friction and thus it reduces the sliding and shifting.
Goods packed in wooden pallets can range from novelty items and foods to heavy industrial machinery, equipment and various other goods that are valuable. Packaging in wooden pallets looks very good and ensures the safety of the commodity throughout its transportation and makes sure that it reaches its destination in a good position.
The choice between wood and plastic pallets are often down to the exact situation you find yourself in. Here are some possible situations that you might find yourself in. Preferably wooden pallets in a situation where pallets are not returned or where the rate of return is too low. In such situations, you can use a third party to manage the pallet and pass on the cost of the pallets to customers.