There are several free chicken cage building designs ready for downloading. These are good options if you are willing to keep chickens yourself, however, these are useless if you don't know the method to raise them. If you are unsure about it, or what tools and materials you need, then you will find designs that offer the easy task.
Avoiding spending much money
- Chicken coop plans can actually save your much money. To do a good job, you can make use of materials that are possible to you. If your hens are guarded, there's no problem building your own coop.
- Some homeowners use old shelters to keep their chickens. You can build the coop from scratch then your coop may look nicer and you can save money by using scrap parts of lumber. Recycling materials can also be the good source for saving money since lumberyards often throw away unused parts of the wood.
- Also, check if there are leftover shingles in construction sites, these can become your materials for the coop. The fact is that some cities have events where people can exchange materials unused to each other.
Other choices for building the coop
- Chicken cage designs need also a roost for chickens. Then you should use wood or small branches fasten in place. Never build perches directly on the place where you will gather eggs from and where you will walk in.
- For coop windows, it's better to use windows you can't use for your house but are compatible for your chicken coop. Visit thrift stores around for an additional way to prevent wasting your money. The plan you want and the sizes you choose will impact the frame and walls of your coop.
Chicken cage designs are made to help you understand thoroughly all elements of the good chicken coop. There's no problem with using old recycled things if they're strong enough to protect chickens from harsh climates and the predators. By following professional chicken coop ideas , you will have healthy chickens and get their eggs for the coming years.